Jaggy's Treehouse of DOOM.

Where all the little pixies live.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Yay!

Tonight me, Emma and Eileen went to a party for people who contributed to the Labour campaign...

We got badges that say, "Factory 2005, New Zealand Labour, we stuffed em!" We stuffed the envelopes, not National, as Helen implied when we gave her a badge.

I met:

Helen Clark!!!


We stopped drinking half an hour before she was due to arrive, but I am ashamed to admit that Helen is the only one in that picture I can garantee is absolutely sober. Note my *arm* around her *shoulder.* (!!!) Random guy I think was there for the booze got his finger over my lense argh!

Margaret Wilson.

The look on her face is because Eileen, who was taking the photo, said, "say: Rodney Hide is a horrible little man!"

Also:

Marian Hobbs... she likes my name... and she went on and on about how we're the future of Labour... and I was like, uh oh.

David Benson-Pope... after I got over the whole 'oh my God I'm talking to Gormsby' thing, he was great to talk to. So funny, and he gave us his own wine so we didn't have to get drunk on the cask stuff...

Annette King... when we explained we were Annette's nieces, (other Annette) she was like, "Wow! How is she?"

Mark Burton... ok, I didn't recognise him, but we became mates tonight... I was already slightly drunk by that stage, (thanks Dave) so I went up to Jenny (she's awesome) and said, "Can I please have a badge for Mark? He reckons he's an MP." Whoops.

Ummm... Winnie Laban! We're like *this* now, mates eh.

Darren Hughes, obviously. When he arrived David Benson-Pope was like, "go on, say hi to lover-boy" to Eileen! Emma refrained from telling him he looked like Ralph Malph.

Ummm... Trevor Mallard, Michael Cullen. I was chatting to Helen, so I only got to wave at Michael, he winked at me.

Darien Fenton, she's the new MP. She had the limpest handshake. But she's new to the game. We love her anyway. Helen had the firmest.

And of course, mates from envelope stuffing, Jenny (she's awesome, hiding her fag behind her back while greeting MPs... silly Jenny.) And this guy... he's a student at Vic, we're great mates with him now, but none of us can remember his name!

We bought home a billboard each, and about 40 balloons between us... walked right through Wellington and caught the train with them...

Ok, I'm going to bed... I'm sure I'll remember more details later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you obviously had the easier job getting the hoardings home ... do you know how hard it is getting them into the back of my car??

hoarding is now sitting in living room

oh - i'm pinching the picture of you guys and helen - very cool

8:47 am  
Blogger Marian said...

We had to carry them home! Carrying those billboards isn't easy, Emma had help from some random we met at the party when she carried them to the station. But I had to carry ours, because Eileen was preoccupied with 40 or so ballons, both of our bags, and the food she nicked. Yay!

10:00 am  
Blogger Neep said...

Didn't nick it. They were throwing it at us, innit.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home